Maintenance of Hydraulic oil
The hydraulic oil should be kept clean ensuring good filtration and prevention of external as well as in-house impurities. The care of hydraulic oils starts before they are used into the system. The following points need to be kept into mind:
In a hydraulic system the operating fluid transmits forces and motion. It must have the following characteristics:
* high lubricity and protection against wear.
*high compatibility with other materials, high shear stability.
* high resistance to oxidation.
* low compressibility.
*low temperature expansion
* low foaming tendency.
* low air absorption.
* high air release ability and water separation ability.
* high boiling point.
* high density.
* high conductibility, favourable dielectric properties, non-hygroscopic, fire resistant, environmentally friendly, high filtrability, high corrosion protection.
* easy to maintain, low-cost and easy availability.